SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: TSAT C Scale £18,327- £20,066 per annum (£14,677 - £16,070 per annum for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 35 hours per week, term time only + 5 days
Contract: Fixed Term
Start date: TBC
Application Closing Date: 16/01/2022
Interview Date : TBC
We are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant at New Horizons Children's Academy to provide one-to-one support for a pupil. A willingness to work as part of a team and seek positive solutions is essential. The successful applicant will need to be able to explore and extend different behaviour strategies in order to help the child reach his full potential. Please be advised that this is a fixed term contract for the duration the child is educated at the school.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with primary aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our modern school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) which is made up of a family of schools working together to improve the life chances of young people.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing and will possess excellent written and communication skills.
- be educated to a minimum requirement of Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics and good ICT skills.
- Have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role
- Have the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers essential.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can work as both part of a team and contribute to the effective organisation of the school with administrative support.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Georgina Spratt at g. spratt @ tsatrust. org. uk.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school