Teaching Assistant EYFS
Salary: Pay Group 2 £15,227.66 – £18,272.86 (based on FTE of £18,327 – £21,992)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours per week, term time
Closing Date: 29th May 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Teaching Assistant to join New Horizons Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
You will promote the development of the physical and mental well-being of pupils as directed by the classroom teacher and the successful applicant will be working in EYFS.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with EYFS aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
What you will need to succeed:
- For a full list of roles and responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Enable pupils’ access to learning by supervising and assisting pupils (one to one and in small groups) across a wide range of activities and supported learning activities
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing as well as excellent inter personal and organisational skills
- Contribute to the effective organisation of the school with administrative and clerical support
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school